Mazatlan Forum

A Place To Discuss Everything About Mazatlan

Messy streets

MazCommunity Forums Mazatlan Forum Messy streets

• Creator
    Topic

The wife and I have been in Mazatlán since Monday. We are staying with friends in Centro Histórico this week and I can attest to the fact that the streets in this area are an unholy mess. Almost every street from Olas Altas and Aleman up to and around Plaza Machado is torn up. And around much of the Mercado, too. I feel sorry for the businesses.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of SunSeeker
    SunSeeker
    • Edmonton

Yes, it sounds like quite the mess but glad that you’re down in Mazatlán!  If you get a chance please let us know what you’re up to – and what’s open around you.

Hey SunSeeker! Still here in Maz. Let me just say at the outset: we are not night people. Wife and I are up early, take long walks (like hours long) and just hang wherever we are staying all day. Occasionally we grab a bite out but mostly cook in. Early to bed and early to rise. :-)

With that said, I consulted a few friends in the Centro Histórico area and here’s the report on restaurants in the area. Looney Bean is open as we had a scrumptious breakfast there the other morning. Along Olas Altas it appears that most businesses are open including the Shrimp Bucket but that seems to only be open on Sundays. Olas Altas itself is still torn up. Around the Machado it seems all restaurants are open. We had lunch at Mr Lionso’s twice… YUM! Never made it to the Plaza at night. Waters Edge is closed for “renovations” but Hectors and others are still open. We are now in the Cerritos area for a week but will go to the Malecón to check out the free WiFi later this week.

It’s remarkably cool here for this time of year. The ocean breezes are so soft and make outdoor activities very comfortable. More later…

Profile photo of SunSeeker
    SunSeeker
    • Edmonton

Thank you for reporting back conundrumz.  Fairly encouraging!  I know it sounds like all I do is eat (!) I do also very much enjoy walking in Mazatlán and will walk from the north end of the Golden Zone to Centro several times a week.  It’s a great and beautiful walk.  And I have lots of great restaurant choices to pick from when I arrive!!    Continue to enjoy!

Profile photo of Greggs Email
    Greggs Email
    • Mazatlan

Lots more photos on…

countdowntomexico.com

Profile photo of ferd42
    ferd42
    • Millsboro, DE

Has anyone heard when the Centro streets will be complete?

Profile photo of Greggs Email
    Greggs Email
    • Mazatlan

Went to Centro and had a 10 peso taco at the Market, then took a walk around to see what was going on.  I talked to a bicycle cop and he told me that it would be about 3 months to finish up what they had torn up.  It appears that you’re good for November 1, Ferd, as long as they don’t tear up the rest of it.

Profile photo of jacques
    jacques
    • montréal
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Funny Quote of the Day

more Quotes
FreeCurrencyRates.com

Mazatlan Weather

Mazatlan, Sinaloa
July 24, 2017
Partly sunny
Partly sunny
88°F
real feel: 107°F
humidity: 58%
wind speed: 0 mph N